A vacation in the province of Salzburg impresses with its variety. Get to know the unique attractions of the region during your stay in the Vitalhotel Kobenzl. So your vacation is how you like it, the friendly team of our hotel is always at your side.
Excursions in the province of Salzburg
- Visit of the castle Hohenwerfen with a bird of prey show.
- Sound of Music Tour through Salzburg and the surrounding area with visits of the original locations of the movie about the Trapp family.
- Trip to the neighbouring Bavaria with visit of Berchtesgaden, Bad Reichenhall, Königssee and Kehlsteinhaus.
- Day-trip to the open-air museum Großgmain, where you can see over 60 old farm houses and agricultural historical buildings from all five Gauen (regions) of Salzburg
- Trip to the Eisriesenwelt (ice world) at Werfen, one of the largest and most impressive ice caves of the world. Warm clothes and good shoes are necessary..
- Visit of the Salzwelten (salt worlds) on the Dürrnberg close to Hallein with adjoining visit of the Celtic town on the Dürrnberg, the Celts museum Hallein as well as the old town of Hallein.
- Trip to the Ausseer Land in the Salzkammergut. Every spring a narcissus festival takes place, with narcisses decorated boats sail on the Ausseer See, voting of the Narcissus queen
- Drive to the Großglockner, the highest mountain of Austria. The beautiful mountain pass is especially for car-lovers, convertible drivers or motorcyclists an indulgence. Children like the Wild park Ferleiten, which is at the bottom of the Großglockner, with over 200 different wild animals.
- Day trip to Munich. The Bavarian metropolis is only one and a half hours per car away. Possibilities to shop or a visit of the Hofbräuhaus or the Oktoberfest.
- Beautiful hiking trails ( for all levels) lead through the untouched nature of the national park Hohe Tauern..
- Drive to Golling, visit the Gollinger Festival on the castle Golling, the Gollinger waterfalls or the Salzachöfen, an impressive gorge
- Day-trip to Krimml to the Krimmler Waterfalls, the highest of Europe. Likewise interesting the Wasser Wunder Welt (Water wonder world) in Krimml.